How To Create “Buying Trance” Headlines
That Can Explode Your Lead Capture Pages Even If You Suck at Writing Sales Copy
Have You Ever Seen a Purple Cow? - Whaaaaaaaaaaat?
My guess is, that up to now you never have, but I believe that there’s a 90% or greater chance that if you read that question you just read this sentence.
When you go to the grocery checkout, it’s not uncommon to see a magazine rack filled with tabloids having bizarre shocking headlines all designed to do one thing - make you pick up the magazine and read what it says. Guess what millions of Tabloids are sold daily…
Titles Designed for Search Engines or People…
When I first started creating content on the Internet it was with blog posts. Creating a title for my blog post was one of the most challenging things that I had to do because I was instructed to create titles that would be search engine friendly.
The problem with creating search engine friendly titles is that they often work better for search engines than for capturing real people’s attention. Looking back now I can only laugh at some of the goofy Keyword stuffed titles I gave to my blog posts.
Fortunately, the search engines did like a good majority of my bizarre blog post titles and as a result my blog rank quite high. A decade later, search engines still look for keyword rich titles and only rank the best of the best on the first page of any Google search.
Keyword Friendly and Eye Catching
Social media, on the other hand, demands that your title be keyword friendly and attract the reader with good copywriting.
A couple of my mentors – Mike Filsaime and Andy Jenkins did training on Headline creation that literally made a massive impact on the way I now write my sales copy which is what this post is based on.
When it comes to creating sales pages or often pages your copywriting skills must be able to capture your prospect’s Attention:
1. Curiosity – Pattern Interrupt
2. Attention – Buying Trance
3. Fascination - the Content you are sharing
4. Action – The Actions You Want Your Prospects to Take
The simple formula that they came up with is:
“Something which is incredibly good without being incredibly bad”
11 variations on this formula include:
1. How [assertion] got me a [incredibly good outcome]
· How I was able to eat all the steak, chicken and seafood that I wanted to be cooked exactly the way I normally do and was able to lose 15 pounds in my first 25 days
2. Are you [struggling with this anxiety or pain?]
· Are you risking getting your Facebook ads account being shut down with the ads you are running? - Are you sure?
3. How I [was able to get this incredibly good outcome] [by overcoming this incredibly bad disadvantage]
· How I am now able to rank my videos on page 1 of Google in minutes for keywords that have massive competition.
4. How to [live the incredible promise] beginning with [a small change, action or circumstance]
· How to rank your videos on page 1 of Google for highly competitive terms by simply changing the way you upload them.
5. For the [prospect that is in pain] how to [live the promise] beginning with a [a small change, action or circumstance]
· For the people uncomfortable with being on camera can create powerful lead generation videos with just a couple clicks of an easy to use the software.
6. If you [can/are/have] then you can [have an incredible outcome]
· If you can fill in the blanks of these amazing headline templates you can create jaw-dropping sales copy that can immediately increase your sales.
7. [Systems/Strategies/Tricks/Techniques/Secrets] of a [prospect who is living the promise]
· Discover a lead generation System that has helped create more six-figure affiliate earners than any other.
8. [Warning/Be Advised/Alert/Attention shall [Experience/Become] [A Situation even More painful than the one they are currently in]
· Warning - if you’re using a blog to build an email list and sell products and not compliant with the new regulations regarding privacy, you could base massive fines and risk losing your business.
9. [Give Me/Show Me] [A Circumstance/Amount of Activity] and I’ll [Deliver You to the Promised Land/Prevent You from Experiencing More Pain.
· Give me three minutes and I’ll introduce you to software that is easy to use that can help become compliant with the new privacy laws for websites and save you thousands of dollars in potential fines.
10.[Number or Statistics] of a [Type of Prospect] are [Now Living in the Promise Land] [despite] [An Initial Negative Reaction to the Premise]
· 100% of the people who went to our video creation training are now creating videos on their own and no longer feel it’s scary or too complicated.
11.[Number] of ways to [Reach the Shore of the Promise Land] while [not increasing pain/effort/anxiety/loss
· 3 ways to create lead generation videos that get will get you more leads, sales and sign ups within 30 days without expensive cameras or software.
The Perfect Headline…
Creating a headline that gets you the best results will require split testing. Start off with two versions and see which one converts the best. Then take your best one and make some minor changes and again see which one converts the best. Rinse and Repeat until you are satisfied with your conversions.
Chuck Guyett began a successful career in Network Marketing and Affiliate Marketing around the year 2000. Chuck and his wife Pat of 40 years plus have their home in Red Deer Alberta Canada. Chucks has earned awards for leadership/sales achievements and have taught thousands of marketers how to sell using the phone. Chuck is a Christian and has worked as a Registered Social Worker and worked with troubled and delinquent Youth for 20 years improve their lives.